Thursday, April 20, 2006

It's the end of the world

Not really, just the end of the road. Route 1, that is. In Florida.

Someday maybe I'll get to the other end, up in Maine.

It was so much fun to get to meet Jen, and hook up with Andrea in Palm Beach Gardens. Andrea had been up all night at a crop, but she showered (just for us) and looked great, as usual.

Today, it's back to the grind. Well, it has been since Tuesday, actually. But adjusting to the time change and just getting out of vacation mode has taken a couple days.

Tomorrow and Saturday are two huge snack bars for Track is Back. I know I'll be exhausted once they're over, but relieved because they are the last snack bars I have to run for this season. These are big, though. Between the two nights, about 1600 athletes and 3,000 spectators. That's a lot of pizza and nachos! Lots of stress worrying about how much food to buy because I don't want to run out, and I don't want any left over. This is always the time when I throw up my hands and ask, "Why did I volunteer for this job, anyway?"

Got some great news yesterday - Matt passed the California High School Exit Exam on the first try! I had no doubts but it sure is a relief to have that out of the way! Makes you wonder what the kids are learning though, if they can pass the requirements in 10th grade! I guess they have to set the bar low so even those who struggle can graduate.

Well, I'm off to write the snack bar shopping list.

Make it a great one!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hope you survived those track events!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the "0" marker! Cool!